LIFT Benefit Concert
LIFT Benefit Concert
After reviewing guidance on Coronavirus COVID-19 from public health agencies (CDC and Alameda County Public Health) and in consultation with our performers, we have decided to postpone the LIFT concert as a precaution. Stay tuned for details about a new concert date. Your purchased tickets will be honored for that date. Please also continue to donate to our GoFundMe campaign to help us raise funds needed to continue our work to serve those in need of food in our downtown Oakland community.
Stay Tuned! Concert and ticket information will be at:
LIFT Concert Tickets at Eventbrite
The concert helps us raise money to serve those in need of food in our downtown Oakland community! While the Alameda County Community Food Bank provides some food for free, federal budget cuts make it necessary for our church to purchase additional food at a cost of $5,500 a year. We also provide hygiene products for our un-housed neighbors at a cost of $2,500 a year. We truly run on a shoestring budget with countless hours of volunteer service!
Seven performers including Oakland Interfaith Community Choir and Piedmont East Bay Children’s Choir
Accomplishments Funded by LIFT
- With support from the Alameda County Community Food Bank, in 2019 we distributed over 3,500 grocery carts to county residents through a monthly food pantry.
- Twice monthly we make food available to Laney College students, where almost half the students struggle to afford meals.
- Twice weekly we deliver lunches to the unsheltered and/or hungry living in our area – We served 8,000 lunches in 2019.
- In 2019, in partnership with the Housing Consortium of the East Bay, we launched a Friday night dinner program called Feasting with Friends for a new homeless shelter near the church. We served 2,000 Friday evening meals to these neighbors!
- Our programs provide volunteer opportunities for over 600 people a year – families with young children, college students, local businesses, service clubs, and local High School students (who enthusiastically make up the majority of our volunteers). See also our Food Programs page.